Occlusal Splint & Bite Adjustment
Tri-State Center for Advanced Implant Dentistry and Periodontics, LLC
A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and stable. It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen. A bite adjustment helps restore a bite that can function without unnatural damage and destruction.
Bite Adjustment Treatment options include:
- Reshaping the biting surfaces of the teeth and eliminating spots of excessive pressures where the teeth are brought into contact.
- Bite splint therapy using a custom fitted and adjusted plastic bite guard to keep the teeth apart, day, night or both.
- Braces, to reposition mal-aligned or drifted teeth.
- Replacement of old, worn out or damaged fillings.
- Reconstruction of badly worn and damaged teeth.
Your bite adjustment therapy may require treatment by other dental professionals such as your family dentist, an orthodontist, or a prosthodontist.
We are currently accepting new patients and would love to help you take your smile to the next level. Call Hagerstown Office Phone Number 866-739-6868 or complete our Contact Form to request an appointment.